This guide focuses on video software designed for broadcasting live video across the internet. Whether you are looking to host a virtual event and provide paid access or go live instantly across many social media platforms instantly — these software tools do just that and much more. Tap into the power of modern day broadcasting with tools that will make your live stream look professional.
Common feature sets
The video software in this guide is broken down into a number of high level rating and ranking categories which you can see to your right. There are also secondary sub-categories which you can find below in this column.
- Video Live Streaming
About the Guide
Leaders: The Leaders category is hand picked software by the 50Wheel team based on market success, popularity and growth rate.
Top Rated: The Top Rated category is customer rated software by the over 100,000 users who visit 50wheel.com each month.
Definition: Learn more about this category of software with a short elevator pitch, a breakdown of the top features, and a pricing and packaging overview.
50Wheel is the world’s leading website for video strategy and marketing technologies. Browse hundreds of software tools, guides and get strategy advice.
Brightcove is one of the largest online video platform providers, used by media companies, businesses, and organizations worldwide to publish and distribute video online. The company provides hosting tools such as video on demand and live streaming. ...[Read More]
All software in category
What is live streaming software?
The Elevator Pitch
Live streaming software enables users to broadcast live video for events and other real-time audience engagement experiences. Most businesses will use live streaming software for company events such as all-hands meetings, user conferences, product launches as well as for webinars and other customer engagements.
Plus reap these other added benefits:
- Boost engagement and create a sense of urgency for your audience center around live content interactions between you and your viewers.
- Understand audience interests and buying behavior through live streaming analytics.
- Increase audience reach by broadcasting in real-time across your website, social media platforms, and video sites simultaneously.
- Boost SEO by building a video library of recorded live broadcasts on your website.
The Top Feature Sets
Most live streaming software providers offer end-to-end platforms making it extremely easy to use a webcam, mobile device to get started. Features can vary based on the vendor platform you choose, with that said, there are solutions for all level of broadcasts.
The top feature sets include:
- The ability to broadcast video in real-time across internet to any device.
- The ability to broadcast video across social media channels simultaneously.
- The ability to regulate who can access live streams with advanced sharing and security options.
- The ability to track audience engagement with detailed analytics.
- The ability to engage audiences with real-time chat and surveys.
- The ability to record live broadcasts for on-demand playback later.
The Pricing & Packaging
One of the biggest benefits of this type of video software is the low cost to entry, making it really easy to get started. Most vendors offer starter plans with limited functionality for free.
Generally, vendor plans are packaged with:
- Basic web browser video live streaming recording tool sets as standard across all plans
- Sharing capabilities, such as connections to YouTube, Facebook, custom destinations, etc., which can vary between plan level.
- Input and multi-cam capabilities, which is a premium feature
- Chat and audience engagement which can be found in free and premium plans
Organizations that use video software for sales are paying on average $25 per month, per license.
The Top Software Available
When it comes to vendors that offer live streaming software, there are over 100 of them. They come from all across the globe, with the most popular being in the United States. Depending on your specific need, each vendor has its specific niche and tailors their technology slightly to serve it. Go out and explore, compare and see what’s right for you and your business.